IATA NDC Hackathon – powered by SquareCircle Tech
Baseline: “Take airline retailing to the next level”
Official Hashtag: #NDCHack
Host: Emirates Group
IATA invites talented Developers, Designers, Marketers, Idea Generators, Futurists to a very special event to transform both Business & Leisure travel experience: The IATA NDC Hackathon hosted at Emirates Group HQ and Powered by SquareCircle Tech.
Are you looking for some challenges?
On 14-15 October join the adventure to build a travel app or solution through IATA’s New Distribution Capability (NDC) APIs. Your objective? Create your own project to ensure a better travel experience and learn about the standard!
Your creation toolkit will be comprising NDC APIs including Emirates, British Airways, Condor and IATA NDC sandboxes and any tools that you would like to use.
There are just two rules to bear in mind. Use/address at least:
- One: NDC API
- Two: One of the four challenges around Big Data, Personalized Airline Retailing for Corporates, Increased Loyalty and the Traveler Journey
The Hackathon will comprise three steps:
- Ideation Phase (6-13 October) Join the platform to ask questions to mentors other participants in order to refine your ideas, gain advice, and shape your project! Once you have registered to the event, you will receive an invitation via email to join the platform and attend to webinars or communicate with mentors.
- Hackathon Days (14-15 October) A total of 28 hours to build a project by using all available resources and tools to compete and win!
- Incubation Phase (30 October – 2 December) for hackathon winners only. Mentors will help participants to make projects come true! The winners of the incubation phase will present their final project at the next IATA Business Travel Summit in 2017 (date and location to be confirmed soon).
- The Business Travel prize: $5,000 + Presentation on 20 October at IATA World Passenger Symposium in Dubai to 600+ delegates from the entire business chain + Incubation Phase
- The Leisure Travel prize: $5,000 + Presentation on 20 October at IATA World Passenger Symposium in Dubai to 600+ delegates from the entire business chain + Incubation Phase
- Developer prize: $2,000 + Incubation Phase
- Ready to take off (2 winners): Incubation Phase
- 1st prize: One trip for two passengers to present your project at the next IATA Business Travel Summit 2017 (location and date to be confirmed)
- 2nd prize: One trip for two passengers to present your project at the next IATA Business Travel Summit 2017 (location and date to be confirmed)
NDC and Travel API Partners
To start your project, make sure you chose at least one of the challenges presented under the categories on either Business or Leisure Travel. There will be winners per category.
Work out the finer details to get a chance to win up to $5,000, participate to the online incubation phase and present your project to 600+ travel professionals & airline executives at IATA’s World Passenger Symposium in Dubai, UAE, on 18-20 October.