This one day workshop is designed to teach you everything you need to know to get started with building your own websites.
It is meant to lay a solid foundation for aspiring web developers and teach them how to translate ideas into functional, stylised websites for personal or business purposes.
The workshop is a full day event from 10 am-6 pm on Friday, 2nd September in 10th floor of Shatha Tower, Media City and the price per person is 250 AED. There is easy metro access to this place and if you are coming by car, there is plenty of parking space available in front of the building.
If you have questions, want to discuss anything or just chat with our members, come over to our chat group: CodeUp Chat Group.
Here is what we are going to teach:
1 – HTML Basics
-Use Html tags in web pages.
– Go through different types of tags and when to use each one.
– Learn how to customize HTML tags with the available properties for it.
– Describe how the Internet delivers web pages to the browser.
– Use HTML5 tags to organize content in your webpage <section> <article> <header> <nav>
– Use media tags to add video or audio files to your website <video> <audio>
3- CSS basics
– Experiment with CSS properties and values to change the styling of a page.
– Apply and explain the CSS “cascade” including importance, specificity, and inheritance.
– Differentiate between classes vs IDs and apply best practices when implementing.
– Learn how to use Bootstrap to build a website.
– Customise Bootstrap components to fit your website look and feel.
– What are themes ?
– How to build your own themes ?
– What is jQuery ?
– Learn jQuery Basics (selectors, effects, and events).
7- Build your own Portfolio website for Personal and Business Projects.
When & Where?
When: Friday, September 2, 2016
Where: Floor 10, Shatha Tower (Opp. of Media One Hotel), Media City, Dubai.